Another memory album

Good afternoon everyone.  I hope you have something special arranged for the forthcoming Bank Holiday Weekend. Let's hope the weather is going to be kind to us.

A few weeks ago I treated my lovely husband to an afternoon tea trip in a vintage train on the Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway.  There were two types of ticket - one in the ordinary carriage & one in the refurbished "first class" carriage.  Unfortunately when I booked all the first class spaces were gone.  But never the less it was still really good where we were. It was also a very nice afternoon tea with sandwiches & cake & tea or coffee.

As always on our days out & holidays, I took quite a few photos & just had to make a little album.  This one is a gate-fold album & the pages are made from C6 envelopes with two 5 x 7 cards creating the left & right sections to hold the pages.

Here are just a few of the pages to show you;


The cover. It is held closed by a magnet under the logo topper.


A picture of the route we took. It was a 2 hour round trip with tea being served on the outward journey & about a 20 minute stop at the turn around station.  Also a photo of the engine that pulled the train.


My husband took these 2 photos. The left one which shows all the inside & workings of the can, & the fire well under way. The right one shows the engine driver & his mate waiting for the off.



This one is a postcard I bought, which I thought the train looked nice amongst the country side.


The inside of the first class carriage. The seats do look very comfy.
The seats in our carriage were a little more rustic!



A  couple of views of the countryside that we passed through.


Another postcard view of the train.
This is on the inside back page & all the other photos close over it from the left & right sides.
I have placed the photo slightly to the top left as I have something else I wanted to add.

There were a few more photos than this in the album. I decided not to show the food even though I took photos of it, also some of the scenery was a little repetitive.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today, please call again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch