Clean & Simple

 Hello again.  Today I have a couple of cards in the "Clean & Simple" style that I made this week, to share with you.

I recently joined in the Face Book group "Clean & Simple Cards", so these were for showing on there.  Recently I had had one of my cards declined as falling outside the rules. It was only the second card that I had tried. So I decided to stand back & watch what was being produced by others to help me choose the right style.  It is of course a very much "in the eye of the beholder" style.

So, here are 2 cards I made this week. I have uploaded one of them to the group which is now pending, waiting for administrators approval.  If this one is OK I will then post the second one.



I stamped the snowflake in Versamark Ink & heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. Then lightly coloured some of the little squares on the arms of the snowflake, in pale blue & pale lilac pencil. The "Merry Christmas" is a peel-off in silver. I cut a square of white card around the snowflake & then used the reverse cut from my corner rounder to shape the corners. I then adhered it to the front of the card & placed the greeting beneath it.

If that card is accepted then I will  post this next one (or I may post it even if  the first one isn't accepted). Hopefully I am on the right track now.


I do find photographing white on white very difficult.  This time I have used a Die-cut (from China!) & used the centre circle that is produced for stamping my sentiment. I set that on double layered sticky pads.  The square was also layered onto some silver card to show through the holes. The sentiment was heat embossed in silver too. To lift the plainness of the card I scored some lines around the 4 edges, but again, difficult to see in the photo.

So! I now wait to see if I have found the right style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch