Hello everyone. After creating the blog I decided to have a session making some simple cards for a friends scouts fund-raising efforts. I thought it would be a good idea if I showed them here in the first proper post. I made a set of 4 with these vintage car images Here is one on its own for a clearer view. They are 4" x 4" cards & I have sponged 2 ink colours through a circular aperture template then stamped the car image in black archival ink. To finish it I drew round the inside of the circular aperture to give it a frame. I mainly put a "best wishes" sentiment on the front of these cards as that seems best for covering all occasions when they are not for my own use. They are quite cute aren't they? Well! there you have it - my very first proper post in my new blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit, please come for another visit & feel free to leave a comment it would be much appreciated.
Popular posts from this blog
Another challenge - Addicted to Clean & Simple
Good afternoon everyone. I have another Challenge blog card for you today & once again the theme is Christmas. The blog this time is Addicted To Clean and Simple , & here is my card; Oops! it looks like I had a slight tremble when I took the photo. Apologies for the blur. Last Christmas I made a Christmas Wreath to hang in the lounge window & had quite a few poinsettias left over along with some foliage. So I thought this would be a good way to use some of them up. They are from John Next Door dies & the Merry Christmas stamp has been around for ages. Why not pop over to the blog, you can do so by clicking on the name above, & have a look at other entries. In fact - why not have a go yourself. Thank you for stopping by, see you again.
Card Challenge - Tuesday Morning Sketches.
I almost missed the closing date for this challenge. Time doesn't have much meaning currently where days run into more days & the time whizzes by. So the challenge this time is over at Tuesday Morning Sketches , & as the name implies we work from sketches. Here is the sketch and here is my entry for the challenge I cut the squares from white card & coloured them with Distress Ink. The sketch shows a black border & rather than layer them onto black card I drew a border with a black Promarker pen. The largest of the squares I raised on double-sided sticky pads. The stamps I used are from AALL&Create "Botanicals modified" set. As I hadn't coloured the background or used DSP I drew a black line border just to relieve the white space. Thank you for stopping by I do hope you enjoyed your visit & will call again.

Comments
Post a Comment
It would be really nice if you leave a comment during your visit. Please make sure you press "publish" for the comment to be left.