A new interest

I hope everyone is enjoying a good weekend with lots of crafting & fun.

Some years ago I discovered a craft called Zentangle & really enjoyed playing with the different designs & shapes.  Then a couple of months ago I stumbled on a lady who does Zentangle with her own twist - its called Sanntangle - derived from her name - Sandra & zentangle.

I discovered her quite by accident when taking a peek at what was happening on Create & Craft these days, as I mainly watch Hochanda (The Craft Store), & there she was. I loved what I saw & during the course of her demo she mentioned a Facebook group so off I went to have a look. During the Covid lockdown she started holding "live" sessions a couple of times a week creating lovely tiles.  She is currently up to #150.  So I have a lot of catching up to do.

Here is a reminder of what I would call a traditional Zentangle, although the design is one that Sandra created. I drew this after watching her video for it.


It is one of the first few tiles in one of her  "live" videos that I viewed.

Sandra also sells stencils to help with shapes, & does have a couple of her own stamps as well.  

For my first attempt at the non traditional style I used one of my flower stamps applying some of Sandra's ideas to it. As it is the first one I decided to keep it simple.


The 3 flower heads were stamps (from Dreamees) & the rest of the design is my own drawing,  including the hexagon shape using a stencil I have.  I have to say I really did like this one & chose to add some colour using pastels & a cotton bud.  The pastels are those in boxes that look like sets of eyeshadows.

Watching her videos is now part of my day so that I can decide which one I will do next. I think I have caught the bug.

I need a few more days in each week to try all these things.  I guess I would still run out of time so best to try & manage within the days we have.



Comments

  1. Interesting! Will go take a look at her work, I used to love zentangling too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It would be really nice if you leave a comment during your visit. Please make sure you press "publish" for the comment to be left.

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch