Christmas cards

 Hello!

Every year, for some time now, I have made a batch of Christmas cards for my husband to give out. When he was working they were for his work colleagues - now he is retired they are for those he still keeps in touch with, & others that he sends to.

I say a batch of cards, because I make them all the same & he prefers the clean & simple style, so this is the easiest way to achieve this.

Here is this years "batch";


There are 15 cards in this years batch & I created each part of the card step-by-step.

I started by sorting all the base cards, then cut 15 green layers & 15 white layers. 
This left me with 15 trees to die-cut.  The only problem was, I obviously wanted to do green trees & therefore the layers had to be green too - but I discovered I didn't have enough green miri card for it all.

Fortunately the old brain kicked in & I reverted to the old technique of "gutting" - & so I took the green layers & die-cut a tree from the centre of of each of them.

Using a Sweet Poppy stencil that was a triangle shape, on the white layer card I lightly inked around the inner edge with green dye ink to make a frame for the tree. 

The final touch of the process was to stamp the Merry Christmas at the top of the triangle shape.

The hardest part of putting it all together was gluing the tree to the white layer.  I used spray glue, but I don't like the way it sometimes seeps to the right side of the piece.  Of course my lacy tree wasn't the best to use that glue on.  But it worked without too much problem, & the card went together nicely.

In hindsight I should have used double-sided sticky sheets, as it would have helped glue the green layers as well as the trees.  Never mind!!  Next time?

Thank you for popping in I hope you enjoyed your visit, please call again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch