A special project

Hello everyone.

I have been rather busy with just one project  during this week.  I didn't work on it every day, as I get a little tired if I sit & craft for too long. So best to do it in smaller sessions.

Last year I made a photo album for my brother that held photos of our parents on their holidays, after they had retired. When I made it I printed off 2 of each photo with the intention to make an album for myself. So, this is what I have finally been busy making this week. Their travels took them to Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Poland & Morocco, as well as others.

Sadly our parents are no longer with us, but in going through some of their belongings we found a box full of slides they had taken of the places they had visited. My husband was able to put them through some adapter & produce actual photos - so this is what I used.

Here are just a couple of photos of the album, to give you an idea of what I have made;

The sleeve the album sits inside


The front of the album


The album opened at the centre spread.


From this photo you can see there are lots of layers of pages.
The album holds 30 photos in all, & I am very pleased with the finish.

Since taking up album making, at the start of lockdown, I have now made 5 albums. One of our grandsons first year, one for Christmas 2019, one as a record of all the special cakes I used to make, one waiting for photos & the one above.

I find making them very therapeutic & I don't use the same style every time, but do stick to about the 8" x 8" size.

Now! what will the next one be for I wonder!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch