Stepper Cards with a twist

Good afternoon everyone I hope you are all enjoying a very pleasant bank holiday weekend.

A couple of months ago I watched a video by Paul Ford, who is a great album maker, but also introduces new cards. The card this time was a Stepper Card & the twist, if you could call it that, was that it is a faux stepper card.

I know several people who have problems when making the traditional stepper card. Getting the folds & then the cuts in just the right places & not being satisfied with the finish. I was also one of those people. Well this video was perfect in curing that problem.  I now can produce really nicely & neatly finished stepper cards.

Here are the ones that I have made.  The first photo was the first one I tried & it was for a challenge I entered depicting a different era.  The others I made to see how well it worked for the other styles.

So this card below was made direct from the instructions.


Then these next 3 were made with the different layouts, including splitting the main piece into 2 side pieces with a focal image centrally on the steps.




This lovely card, or in fact lovely cards, only take 2 pieces of card. One for the step section & one for the panel that goes over the steps. Then of course paper, images & embellishments of your choice.

Absolutely loved making these & made the last 3 in one session. That's how easy Pauls instructions have made things.

You can find Pauls work on Facebook on "Papercrafting with Paul", & a link to the video for this card - is below.  Do watch it & then have a go. You will love it.

Faux Stepper Card




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch