A Christmas Card

The card I have to show you today, which is 3 days later than I said I would (it appears tomorrow possibly does never come 😊), was a challenge from one of my Rubber Stamping Clubs I used to take care of.

The challenge was - Embossing.  Simply that. But it does open the door to quite a few techniques if you sit & think about it first.

Here is my card;


The base card is a folded white card approximately 7" x 9". I ran a piece of white card through a large embossing folder that has holly sprays on it, & inked it with green Distress Ink.  Next I embossed another piece of card with a poinsettia frame in it & inked that with red Distress Ink.  Finally, the topper embellishment. I firstly inked the Poinsettia stamp with Versamark Ink leaving the stamp on the ink pad to keep it moist. Next, I heated a pile of gold Embossing Powder on a heat proof mat & when it was melted placed the stamp into it.  I gave it just a little pressure to ensure all the stamp was impressed into the molten powder. Leaving it for a few moments for the powder to cool I carefully removed the stamp.

After putting the embossed layers onto the base card I carefully stuck the embossed topper into the centre.  I made the decision to leave the ragged edge look rather than try & trim it with scissors. A small Happy Christmas was added above the topper to complete the card.

The photo doesn't do the colours justice.  This one will have to be handed to who ever it is going to, as I think the topper might crush in the post.

We are promised some warm sunny days during this week - so enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch