A strange week ....

 .... which has in fact, been a little longer than a week.

I can't explain. I just cannot get inspired to do things. I know what I want to do but don't get around to doing it.  Very lethargic (I think).  I seem to be just happy watching others crafting (lots of you tube). It has got to stop. I need to give myself a good talking to.

I was asked a little while ago by one of my clubs I used to run to set a challenge for them.  So I dug deep went way back in time & suggested card embellishments made from paper casting.

Paper casting? For this exercise, a posh name for playing with toilet tissue, water, stamps & embossing folders. Even though I now had something to think about I almost left it to the last moment to make something myself.  Wood mounted rubber stamps make the best impression for this little technique & I don't own many these days,  Anyway I found some stamps & an embossing folder & had a play.

Here are the three items that survived this exercise;


The butterfly was, in fact, a clear stamp & wasn't too bad an impression, the other two were wood mounted stamps with deeply etched designs. To add some colour I used a soft brush & Craft Artist "Mica Magic".   Just need to think how to use them now.

Two other designs using clear stamps didn't make a good impression at all. I also used an embossing folder but because of the wet tissue couldn't run it through my Gemini. So, I tried using a brayer, I did get an impression but not as clear as it would have been through the Gemini.

Thank you for popping in & please don't let my lethargy put you off calling again. I will have something to show you soon.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch