Club challenge

 Good afternoon everyone.

The card I have to show you today is from a recent club challenge - where the subject was "Autumn".

After some thought on this I decided to go with the "Joseph's Coat" technique, & used a Woodware stamp of a large daisy type flower.

I randomly coloured the card with autumnal colours of ink, then stamped the flower in Versmark. I did remember to make sure that the inked background was completely dry before continuing with that stage. Next I heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder.  The final stage was to colour the whole of the design with black pigment ink then polish the design which removed the ink from the embossing.

I remember the first time I was shown how to do this technique I was horrified when the tutor said to cover it thoroughly with black ink. What a lovely surprise when she told us the next stage - to polish the design & out popped our stamping.

Here is the challenge card;


The label just has the word "Autumn" stamped on - but it doesn't show up very well in the photo. 
It was very enjoyable returning to an old technique.

Thank you again for your visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch