early January birthday cards

 Hello again! It has been quite a few days since I last blogged. The time flies past so quickly & I have had quite a few cards to make this month.

Here are the photos of the first 2 cards I made, one for my sister-in-law & the other for a friend. I made use of the same style card for both of them along with identical papers. The embellishments on each were slightly different.

The front of the cards were divided into 3 panels & then an acetate strip placed along the bottom edge joining the 2 outer panels together & thereby holding the card together.  The middle panel hangs down in the centre inside the acetate. The third photo gives a clearer view as to how that worked.

Card one


Card two


The embellishment is attached to the acetate strip.


I rather like this style & it is a good way of using up DSP you have in your stash, although needless to say would look good with stamped papers. Will certainly use it again.

I have some more January cards to show you, but a couple of them I cant show until the end of the month.

Please call again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch