Play time

Hi, everyone.

Earlier this week I tried out a technique I had often thought about, but not tried.  The reason I finally decided to  have a go?  It was suggested by one of the groups I belong to, as a Show & Tell.

The challenge was  --  Decorated Playing Cards.

Here are my 3 best attempts;


These 2 were created with oddments of papers from my stash. 
 
The one on the left I have also inked through a stencil, added a card embellishment I found whilst looking for something else & a little metal sentiment. Because I had 2 clear halves I need something to cover it & spotted some of that Mizuhiki cord which I hadn't used in ages, so tied a couple of short strands in a knot & attached it to the card. The one on the right, again paper scraps & this time some stamping (the birds, words & verse), a little silver medallion & some stencil paste work which I inked over.


This one is my favourite as it is all stamping which is my main craft - although you wouldn't think so at the moment.

I did decorate 2 others on which I used tissue paper placing it with gloss medium. After adding other bits & pieces, I thought it looked messy so have put them to one side for now.  You never know when you might look at something like that again, & see a way to recover it.  So! fingers crossed.

Thank you once again for visiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch