Play time

Good afternoon everyone I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend.

The card I have for you today is another one from the Iced Images collection. It is named "3-d collapsible frame card".

I liken the front view to a greenhouse (particularly as I have chosen a floral theme). When you see the side view you will understand


side view


The finished size, of mine, is 7" x 5" & folds flat for posting as long as your decoration is not too deep. But it can easily be made in other sizes.  Also the demonstration I watched it was made with 3 apertures. My dies were not suitable for that - so I just did the 2. I only put my flowers on narrow double-sided sticky pads.  This lifted them from the back of the card which gave a slight shadow.

It was a really nice card to put together.  When it came to decorating it I thought I would probably be using John Next Door flower dies.  But a couple of days ago I was going through a box I have that has papercraft cd/dvd's in & uncovered some Tattered Lace CD's that had a floral theme.  They came with matching dies - so you have 2 parts to the item. From the cd you print your colour choice of the flowers & also a background paper. Next you die cut the flowers.  The lower sheets have 3 or 4 images - so excellent for decoupage. Most of the different designs are like sprays rather than individual flowers. The poppy is the closest to being a single flower.  I cannot remember how many years ago I felt the need to buy these items.  You know what it's  like - I really, really had to have them!  Today was the first time I used them.  Now that I have rediscovered them I can see them being used a lot from now on.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit today - please call again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch