AALL & Create Iris

The stamps that AALL&Create produce are mostly outside my particular interest, but they are very clever.  I do have a couple & today I decided it was time I started using them.

For my first attempt I used the Iris.


I started by putting 2 different colours of Distress Inks on my mat & spritzing them with water & finally dipping the card in the resulting ink.  I haven't done this technique for ages & was worried it would just be a mess, but no, it looks quite good.  Next I stamped the image in archival black ink & coloured in with felt pens.  After adding the word "Iris" I used a black fine-liner pen to add some little triple dot groups randomly around the card.  When placing it over the white base card it looked a little strange so I ran a fine pen around the 3 edges to create a faux layer before adhering it to the card.

I am rather pleased with the outcome & think I will try it again & be a little more adventurous in what I do with it.  Then it will be time to try out the other stamp I have of theirs.

I hope you enjoyed your visit & that you are all keeping safe & well.  Thank you for stopping by.

Comments

  1. Very pretty - welcome to the slippery slope of A&C 😆

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It would be really nice if you leave a comment during your visit. Please make sure you press "publish" for the comment to be left.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog challenge times two

A club challenge card

blog challenge - sketch