Different shaped card

Good morning everyone. Wow! this windy situation is not very nice at all. I  have just got back from collecting my husband from dropping his car off for MOT - really buffeting my little car.

Anyway, recently I have shown you 2 rather nice multi-fold cards, one I found through Pinterest the other one a colleague had shown our group how to make it.  Both of those cards were found at Iced-Images.

Yesterday I attempted another one of their cards --


I should have taken an aerial view because you cannot tell from this photo that it is in fact U-shaped, & there is no back to it.

The card panels are cut to size then folded down the centre. One half is the front & the other half the side.  The topper is then placed between the 2 sections attaching to them by a small overlay. This is the only thing keeping the card together.

The nice thing is it can be made in different sizes once you have the finished size in mind.  Iced-Images showed 3 ways - A5 landscape (the one in my photo); A5 portrait & 6x6 square.  The A5 portrait needs a little adjustment to the size of the panels otherwise it is a bit flimsy & wont stand so well.  But easily sorted.

Being a Christmas card it was made with red card - but my photography has come out a bit on the pinky side.  Really enjoyed making this one & think I might have a go at the 6x6 one later today.

Thank you for stopping by & please stay safe in this weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch