recent card

Good afternoon everyone to a very grey day here in the UK. It is quite cold too.

The card I have to show you today is inspired from watching a video by Natasha Foote from New Zealand. I check her videos regularly & she has some great ideas.  She also takes the mystery out of of some techniques which is quite inspiring.

Here is a link to her YouTube channel - just click on her name - Natasha Foote.

Here is the card I made following her video - using paper strips as a background & for a focal image as well.


The stamp I used was one by Honey Doo Crafts

I cut the strips of paper to .5" which was narrower than Natasha cut hers & chose some spring time colours.  I then used double sided sticky paper on a piece of white card & laid down the strips, this was repeated for a second piece of card the same size. The Focal image & sentiment I stamped in Versamark Ink & then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

The stamped image was then cut around & placed on double sided sticky pads to raise it from the background. It was then placed on the background piece matching the strips of colour.  I am a little bit out but it doesn't show too much. It is just that I know it is there & it bothers me. But once it was down there was no way I was going to successfully move it. I will make this again in different colours, plus I have some strips left over from this card so I will have to figure out  a design for another card.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A club challenge card

Blog challenge times two

blog challenge - sketch